Safe Gatherings is a program provided by the Great Plains United Methodist Conference
that safeguards children, youth and vulnerable adults.
Those at Monticello UMC who are required to have this training:
- church staff
- committee chairpersons
- ministry team coordinators
- members of Church Council, Caring Ministry team, Children's Ministry team, Youth Ministry team, MCCC team
- Sunday School teachers
- Vacation Bible school volunteers
- Scoutmasters and Assistant Cubmasters
- Den Leaders and Assistant Den Leaders
- Scout committee chairs and committee members with direct contact with Scouts
- Volunteers and parents attending an overnight event with children and/or youth
- Anyone else who works with children, youth, or vulnerable adults
- Anyone determined by the pastor or Church Council based on their role in the church
Click here for a User's Guide to help navigate through the online certification.